requested reasonable adjustments and SDP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

requested reasonable adjustments and SDP

Options
livonia
livonia Community member Posts: 75 Courageous
Hi, DWP continue to text me seems when they want further information - i recently had both a pip first application and full review of my esa as in support group.  The ESA review information was all submitted in April and still not had a decision as my gp/mental health nurse requested paper based for both benefits due to my severe anxiety.   Being a victim of stalking just to add to the joys affects my ability to make and take phone calls.  Now DWP have evidence of all of this but still continue to text me on occasion and ask me to phone them.  I wish i could be nice not to feel as i do.  I got my pip and now qualify for SDP.  I have written to them and they have confirmed it doesn't affect my ESA.  Am I to take it that my ESA is now renewed ?  I asked them to apportion the SDP and sent my child's university information and tenancy agreements as they are away June to June if not longer saying I am normally living alone.  Gave dates child visited to be completely clear as it would be wrong to say they are never at home... i explained i need a reasonable adjustment to correspond by email as i can't always get someone to phone them on my behalf.  sent it all recorded three weeks ago.  heard nothing at all.  what should i do.  has anyone else managed to get sdp on an apportioned basis.  anyone else managed to get a reasonable adjustment to be able to email them instead of phoning?  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As far as I know there's no email address for DWP ESA. For your ESA review, if a decision's been made they will write to you if you haven't received a letter then it's unlikely a decisions been made. There's no timescale for assessments or decisions.

As for the SDP, do you live in social housing and are you affected by the bedroom tax since your son/daughter left for uni? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • livonia
    Options
    No I’m not in social housing 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    @livonia Regardimg phone calls, I wrote up a guide about this a while a go. Get someone to remove your phone number from the DWP or change your number.

Your ESA has been sent back since April and you've heard nothing? If you have had a Paper Based assessment done by now I'm sure you would have had a letter stating your still on ESA, I'm awaiting if an assessment or Paper Based I'm in a similar situation to you and my support teams have said to them No assessment at a centre or at home. My ESA paperwork has been back since mid June and heard nothing? But still getting paid with my SDP also.

I hear many disabled people and members have given telephone numbers to the DWP I learnt a long time ago never do this as your asking for all kinds of trouble, you should never offer them a phone number?

Always insist everything is done in writing and that then gives you a paper trail and a back up for future or further issues with the DWP.

So if your filling in a ESA/UC50, PIP, or DLA etc, never add a phone number as your opening up yourself a whole load of grief, also assessment providers will be able to phone you anytime 'No phone number' then they will only be able to write to you as you woulden't have given a Phone Number.

If you need to call them anytime always withhold your phone number.

This advice is based on my personal experience and it's down tou you as an individual whether you follow it.

Hope this helps, don't be fooled by there lies on the phone always insist it in writing.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• livonia
    Options
    Thanks it’s all written saying no calls. I know they had form etc as he text confirming plus sent recorded . Too late now they have my number unfortunately 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For your SDP you should be awarded it for the time you live alone. When your son/daughter returns home from uni at the end of the year if they live with you until the start of the new term then you'll need to report those changes, as you won't be entitled to it for that time. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • livonia
    Options
    Thanks poppy thanks poppy it would seem they aren’t dealing with my request or evidence sent at moment possibly as it’s complex bits it’s agony waiting and of course the additional money would be a huge help
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    livonia said:
    Thanks it’s all written saying no calls. I know they had form etc as he text confirming plus sent recorded . Too late now they have my number unfortunately 

@livonia It's not to late whether they've had it on a form or whatever, you still can get it remove and orfollow the advice I've offered.

Also to note I always sent anything recorded and copies of everything even to the point of getting a photo of the letters at the Post Office with all the tracking details on it.

I trust know one anymore.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.