ESA IR Backpayments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA IR Backpayments

miracleboy
miracleboy Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hi

I was changed over from IB (been on since 1993) to ESA Support Group Contribution Based January 2013. I live alone and have no savings nor any partner or carer.

I was on DLA low rate care up to 10th November 2015, then went onto PIP low rate care up to February this year 2018 when I was put on High Rate Mobility and Low Rate Care.Daily Living

Am I owed anything as I had the form filling interview on the phone last week. Also what is the quickest people have had back payments? 

Thank You

Comments

• miracleboy
    had the form filling phone interview three week ago
  • Luv44
    Luv44 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi Miracleboy.. when I had my form filling phone call I was told the information would be given to the processing dept and would take approx 12 wks before payments went into my bank account .. it took 4 wks so you may get your backpayments sooner.. 
    Good Luck 
  • miracleboy
    Hi Luv44

I get my benefit money tomorrow night when it is paid in. I wonder if not tomorrow will it be a case of them paying when benefit goes in each fortnight, or could it be any day and time. I have worked out how much I am owed, and it seems quite a lot of money. Just wondered if anyone else can work it out for me from my post above.

I have seen Enhanced and also Severe on my Council Tax forms but I have not been getting this payment, also it says on my esa income related topped up with contribution, but I am sure it was always just Contribution Based before.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Seems like you will be entitled to the Income related top up. However, when you were claiming DLA and you were claiming low rate care, this won't entitle you to claim the SDP because for this you need mid/high rate care. You will be entitle to it from the time you were awarded PIP because it's awarded if you claim any rate of daily living PIP. The SDP is payable for you from 10th November 2015. You should also be backdated Enhanced disability premium from when you transferred to ESA from IB. It could taker several weeks or more to assess you for this and the SDP needs to be claimed separately. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • miracleboy
    Hi Poppy123456

What is Income Related Top Up, is that different to SDP and EB?

So from the phone form filling what will they backdate in benefit names, the EB? And I have to fill a form for the Severe Disability Premium?

Do I get that form now to do?
  • poppy123456
    SDP and EDP (not EB) are the income related top ups. EDP will automatically be backdated once they've assessed you for the income related top up. SDP isn't automatically payable because of the criteria. Once you've been given the top up then you can apply for the SDP. It can either be applied for over the phone by ringing ESA and asking to fill out the IS10 form over the phone, or if they won't do it this way then ask them to send you the form. It's a very easy with just a few very simple questions. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • miracleboy

So how much am I roughly owed from EDP and SDP?

Thank You
  • poppy123456
    I would have no idea sorry. Payment rates change every April so you'll need to take that into consideration. 
  • miracleboy

Since that phone interview three week later I now have an esa50 form to fill in. My mind is all over the show with anxiety.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.