Fibromyalgia and adhd- medication options? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia and adhd- medication options?

Options
gemjar
gemjar Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I've read a multitude of articles and papers which say there is a possible link between fibromyalgia and adhd, and the possible benefits of treating the first with medication for the latter, I just wondered if anyone is receiving this kind of treatment.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How interesting! I just read an article on this! It said
    What the researchers found is that a whopping 45 percent of the people with fibromyalgia screened positive for adult ADHD.

Most of the people who had ADHD knew on some level that they had a problem — they had reported cognitive impairment in higher numbers than those without the accompanying condition.

Results of this study were also published in the journal Pain Medicine in November 2017.
    Anyone with fibromyalgia who was worried about this could speak to their GP about testing and options.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • zoejade
    zoejade Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi there, 

I have both conditions and have recently started on adhd medication. 

It’s changed my life! I am now taking only this and have rid all of fibro medication and my symptoms have decreased dramatically. Keen to get it out there for others I can help! 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @zoejade :) Thank you for sharing that with us! I'm glad that the ADHD medication has worked well for you. 

What main ways would you say your life has changed?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • ResilientNeighbour7
    ResilientNeighbour7 Posts: 198 Connected
    Options
    I had never heard of the link between Fibromyalgia and ADHD; thank you for sharing.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.