Bullying in the workplace — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bullying in the workplace

LAmesXOX
LAmesXOX Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited September 2018 in Work and employment
I keep getting bullied at work I'm an agency worker so I don't really have any rights as an employee. I'm the only disabled member of staff its got so bad I've had to take time of. In my previous job I had issues but it wasn't as bad because I done allot of lone working.

Since working as an agency worker I worked my way up I've found other members of staff don't want a disabled person being at the same level as them or getting the same pay even if other member's of staff see I'm being treated unfairly and I am good at my job they won't speak up because everyone just wants to fit in I thought I could handle it but it is grinding me down and I have started to get beaten.

I feel like socially I have no rights people exclude me bring me down and everyone around just pretend like its not happening. The papers like to print stories about how disabled people are horrible thieves that steal money of tax payers and receive thousands of pounds a month in benefits but when I try to make something of myself that's not ok either people look at me and think I'd rather be dead then be like her or people look at me and say things might not be going well but ad least I'm not like her so if I'm doing well then it becomes more of an insult and people will do anything to make things as unbearable as possible. 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LAmesXOX and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear about your experiences, you definitely should not be treated in this way! Have you taken this up with your agency? They should be able to intervene and say something to the company that you are currently with. We are behind you on this and you shouldn't have to 'put up' with things like this.
    Scope

• hyancinth
    hyancinth Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Hello LA
    Im really sorry to hear this. Your agency need to be informd-formally- via email and get a reply or report on your mail. Thats the 1st thing. 

It would be helpful if you could get a bit of evidence. Jotting down incidents isnt enough keep a diary for a month. If you have cameras note the time and date. Lastly you can add evidence with the help of a witness. An electronic one if you get me. Theres speculation over this but need not be if you feel threatened what else can you do? and also know that conversations are admissable in court if there was good reason to use such means. You cant rely on a human one can you.

Without looking this up right now. Disability is one of the protected categories and subject to statutory automatic protection however Im not sure about temping/agency. 

By taking some measures you might feel a little more power to you little less to them. Hang in there. Agency 1st.....
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you in a trade union?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.