debt and backpayment- help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

debt and backpayment- help

Georgeg93
Georgeg93 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
how fo i stop debt managment taking most of my back dated payment surley thay cant do that bad enough with my mental health issues they want to make me worse i have bills overdue and thibgs i owe they shouldnt be allowd to do that what can i do i am still waiting for my back dated pay they said about 4 weeks need help thanks 

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    I believe you need to clarify your question. Are you with a debt management company who are paying off a series of creditors for you. Have you entered into an IVA (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) or have you made arrangements with seperate companies regarding outstanding accounts. Do you have control over your own bank account, and are any payments, you currently receive, being paid into that account or a seperate account controlled by a third party. If you can clarify the question, I am sure there are people on this forum who will offer sound advice.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Georgeg93, I am really sorry to hear this. Please could you clarify your situation? That way we will know how to best support you :)
    Scope

• Georgeg93
    its money owed to the dwp from years ago usually we set up payment plans to pay them back but the want to take the full amount wich i really need because i am in debt i owe bills and council tax i said to the debt management that i could set up payment plan with them and they can take money of my universal credit benifit each month the debt management work for the DWP
  • Georgeg93
    i phoned them tonight they said i have to wait till they recieve the backdated payment then the system takes of what i owe automatically then i would need to ring them up and ask for a refund but i said by that time it will be too late i need all the money because off all the debt im in due to my pip being stopped im meeting my rep tomorrow to send a letter stating my circumstances but they said they wont keep the letter because they haven't recieved the payment yet i said im happy to set up a payment plan with them to recover the debt but they can take it of my universal credit like they usually do they dont understand the amount of debt im in and im counting ob the backdated payment to clear it i owe council tax and other things keep getting debt recovery agency letters through my door wich makes my mental health a lot worse adds to my stress and anxiaty and the debt management from dwp wont take my mental health into account 
  • Georgeg93
    dont know what to do all there intreasted in is recouvering the mony for the dwp

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.