backpayment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

backpayment

Georgeg93
Georgeg93 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
how fo i stop debt managment taking most of my back dated payment surley thay cant do that bad enough with my mental health issues they want to make me worse i have bills overdue and thibgs i owe they shouldnt be allowd to do that what can i do i am still waiting for my back dated pay they said about 4 weeks need help thanks 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi,

Unfortunately debt management are able to recover some things from arrears payments of benefits, there is not much to be done about it.

Sorry not to be the bearer of better news.

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Georgeg93
    thry are taking more than half my back dated pay wich i need i owe rent arrears and other bills they wont take my mental health into acaunt what could i do
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Which benefit are debt management taking this from, ESA or PIP? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Georgeg93
    its pip they cant do that especially with the financial harship im in i owe bills and rent i said i would be happy to set up a payment plan thats what usually happens but because im getting this backdated payment that im owed they want to take more than half of it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    As your PIP is classed as income for this type of thing, they can take it. You need to speak to them to tell them the financial hardship you're in at the moment and offer to pay it weekly or monthly through a payment plan.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.