Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Keep on top of what's being talked about in our recent discussions and have your say!

WCA

pamela1962pamela1962 Member Posts: 32 Connected
I have the date for my WCA . Both my daughter and my sister are unable to come with me. I am really frightened about going on my own. I also wonder if it goes against you if you are able to get there on your own.?
Thank you

Replies

• Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 10,581 Scope community team
    Hi @pamela1962, we all wish you the very best of luck with your assessment. I don't believe this goes against you :)
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
  • pamela1962pamela1962 Member Posts: 32 Connected
    Hi thank you 😊
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 20,525 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It depends on the reasons for your claim. If you're claiming for anxiety and you've stated in the form that you don't go out alone and you attend the assessment alone this can go against you. Do you have a friend that can go with you for support? You will have to answer all the questions yourself, even if someone goes with you. It's just taking someone can help any anxiety you feel on the day. Good luck with the assessment. 
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.