ESA to be moved to the support group will I lose out on LCWRA from UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA to be moved to the support group will I lose out on LCWRA from UC

Options
terrence
terrence Community member Posts: 14 Listener

Comments

• terrence
    Options
    Hello can you help please I am currently receiving ESA contrbution related of 74.10 per week. I also receive pip at the daily standard rate. I am also claiming UC to pay my rent. I also receive LCWRA which s 328. Per month. From UC . I want to know if I appeal ESA to be moved to the support group will I lose out on LCWRA from UC .hope this makes sense
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @terence, welcome to the community and thank you for coming to us about this. I personally do not know the answer to your query but I hope someone in the community will be able to give you more information soon! It may be worth giving the helpline a call on 0808 800 3333. If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to be in touch :)
    Scope

• terrence
    Options
    Hello, thanks for your reply. No I am not in the sg of ESA. That's the confusion. I did ring the esa and tried to explain they sent me a crmr101/18 form to complete and send off. The only worry is that if I don't send it off then I may lose out on Sdp which I didn't know I may be elegible for because now that I get UC there are no other Sdp benefits to claim. Hope this makes sense. If I do send it off I may lose out on LCWRA I get from UC. My ESA have run out as from 4 September but I am able to dispute this so as I still have 3 weeks left to challenge thier reasons of why I was not placed in the sg . If anyone has any answers I would be so grateful .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is UC equivalent of ESA Support Group. I think there's some confusion here as you're claim Contribution based ESA. I don't know why you would want to challenge the decision for your ESA when you're already in the LCWRA for UC because you can't be paid Support Group for ESA and LCWRA and the same time. That would be you're claiming twice. You need to ring ESA and explain that you've been placed into the LCWRA for UC.

SDP isn't paid on UC and it's not paid when claiming Contributions based benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • terrence
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. i may not have explained my situation correctly. When claiming ESA CB from September in March I hada wca with UC  my misunderstanding of ESA grouping still is why I was to put in the sg from the 13 week assessment phase. I would have been having more money. Or is it that UC have assessed me as being in the LCWRA group and now my ESA CB have been passed over to UC. People who are claiming ESA sg that have been passed over to UC do they qualify for the same payment of ESA as well as LCWRA so confusing thanks andrea
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's a 13 week assessment phase for ESA, as there is for UC. As i stated previously you won't be paid Support Group amount and LCWRA amount of UC at the same time. I'm not sure why you were assessed for UC LCW when you claim CB ESA. Those that are claiming CB ESA as well as UC the amount they receive for ESA is normally taken away from your UC amount. Seems like they've done it a very strange way. LCWRA for UC is slightly more money than ESA Support Group anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • terrence
    Options
    Thanks so much. But I still don't understand why was I not put in the sg of ESA from the 13th week assessment. My ESA is carried over to UC which is a little more than ESA about 76 per week. If I had been in the sg of ESA my payment would have still been carried over.this information is mind blowing ESA different groups UC the same have I lost out on any money because of ESA placing me in the CB group instead of the sg thanks for your patience will I ever understand this claim
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's 2 types of ESA, CB and Income related. CB is when you've paid enough national Insurance contributions in the previous 2 tax years before claiming ESA. Income related is means tested and depend son household income. CB will always take preference over Income related.

There's 2 groups for ESA, WRAG and Support Group. There's 2 groups for UC LCW and LCWRA and there groups are the same as ESA groups but with different names. You are in the UC group LCWRA which is the equivalent to ESA Support Group.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.