Disability? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability?

lindaemills
lindaemills Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am not certain this is tge correct site but I am so in need of advice I thought I would try.
Last year I had a hip replacement (age 63). It was a disaster from the start. I have had to reduce my work hours ad as a volunteer have had to stop. Can I get any help with travel expenses, I have to get taxis, public transport when available, wherever I need to go. I have put off thinking about this but I am getting more in need of support. Thanks

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @lindaemills   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

You can get when you were volunteering travel expenses. You have to ask for it. Most volunteering organisations do offer but you have to produce, receipts, tickets.

Always asked every time. If they do not then . Say why just a suggestion. Most organisations want volunteers.

You would need to produce above evidence. Write it down on a expenses sheet.  Then they will refund you the expenses.

As for ordinary expenses. To pay for transport and taxis.  
    Consider speaking to your council they often have a range of transport solutions to offer you.  All depends if the cuts have effected them.

Ask them. Do know our local council issues a booklet with a range of services and on the website.  Have a look at your own council website. Could be useful.

Also consider a bus pass as you might qualify.

Wanted to add we are a friendly community.  Supportive, care and share.

Plenty of information and advice.

Pleasure to help you.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • cuddles
    cuddles Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi Lindaemills welcome to the community ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lindaemills
    Welcome to the community'! @thespiceman has given some great tips! Please let us know if we can do anything else to help! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lindaemills and welcome to the community! You may find the disabled motoring board useful :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.