Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Accommodation for a young man with ADHD

SystemSystem Posts: 471 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is JonHare!.

Replies

• JonHareJonHare Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'd welcome any advice on getting accommodation for a young man with statemented ADHD and almost certainly autism to some degree. He has recently given thousands of pounds to 'friends' and although he can cope with some things (he has an 8-hour contract with a supermarket), he obviously needs a lot of support if he is to live independently in any sense. Eg. he is still unable to cut his own toe nails but can tell you the names of everyone, and their job title, at his place of work.
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Administrator Posts: 10,673 Scope community team
    Hi @JonHare, I will move this discussion into the housing section on the community and hope someone can advise. At Scope we do not have any particular service that looks at housing, but I hope the experiences of others can help. It may also be worth contacting Shelter as they may have more information that can help you during this time. Please do not hesitate to be in touch if you need any further information.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
Sign in or join us to comment.