No luck finding jobs - have ASD — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No luck finding jobs - have ASD

Options
Harley_Quinn
Harley_Quinn Community member Posts: 27 Connected
edited September 2018 in Work and employment
I am really struggling to find a job, but I don't know what else to do. I have done every trial/work experience offered to me, I have been to remploy and Shaw Trust as well. I have several qualifications, and apply for as much as I can, attending the few interviews I am asked to, but never get the job. I practically never receive feedback when I ask for it. I obviously cannot change the way I am, so what else do I need to do? 

Comments

• Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Harley_Quinn

Many thanks for your post 

Applying for a considerable number of roles and not getting anywhere can be quite frustrating and it is considerably harder nowadays as the job market is so saturated and it is therefore vital to try and stand out from other candidates during the application and interview stages. 

The fact that you are getting interviews is a good sign that employers are impressed by your skills and want to have that face to face conversation to see what you can bring to the role.

In terms of support. and helping you progress forward,  Scope provide a free digital employment service called Support to Work which provides tailored support and advice to disabled people who are looking for work. Once registered, you will be assigned to an employment advisor who will work with you to understand your current barriers and how to overcome them, as well as up sell all those great skills and qualifications you have in interview scenarios, applications as well as you on your CV. 

If you would like to find out more about the service or register, you can do so HERE

we look forward to hearing from you   
    Mwila
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.