Decision Change - what to do about new car ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision Change - what to do about new car ?

Options
skinnygirl101
skinnygirl101 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
My PIP decision was changed and I now have the enhanced rate of the mobility component now after being denied it originally. I was told before I could keep my car until early next year but now I have the enhanced rate back , can I order a new car now as it was due to be changed in September or do I have to wait ?. I’m not sure 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news. You'll need to contact motability about your new award and they will tell you what happens.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Another good news story, get checked out with mobility over your car, good luck.
  • skinnygirl101
    Options
    Thank you. I just spoke to them and I have to pay Motability for the months the DWP didn’t pay for the car. I never knew this ?. Anyone else had this experience ?
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Should receive backdated pay which you can use to pay motability.
  • skinnygirl101
    Options
    Thank you Linda , that’s a great help. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes of course you'll have to pay them what you owe, you can't have the car for free.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • skinnygirl101
    Options
    I was only asking , you don’t have to be so condescending. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I wasn't being that way. I was just giving you a straight logical answer.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I have been in contact with them today and they have a process for handling the loss of a vehicle due to status change and I am sure they have a process for getting it back again. Just give them a ring.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank you. I just spoke to them and I have to pay Motability for the months the DWP didn’t pay for the car. I never knew this ?. Anyone else had this experience ?
    No when I lost my PIP for the third time in 5 years like the previous two times, I drove the Motability car back to the dealership on the same day that the decision from the DWP was received.
    It was logical to me - no mobility element of PIP = no Motability car - I had no legal entitlement to keep it

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.