esa decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa decision

shazier
shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
Hi everyone, A quick update on my esa claim but im left a little bit confused.
A few days ago i recieved my decision from the dwp. They have put me in the support group which i was already in. Which is good news for me but, this is where im confused, on the bit where it says,
 future work capability assessments it states.
 We wont be asking you to go for another assessment unless there is a change in your health condition.
How we made our decision
information and evidence you sent
information sent by a health care profession,
information provided by the health assessment advisory services following your work capability assessment.
Then goes on to say,
you dont need to send anymore fit notes from your doctor? and have sent a letter to my gp to let them know.
I didn't  send in sick notes from my gp?
My daughter also requested a copy of my assessment.
I didnt have to go though a medical it was done  paper based which was a great relief for me.

On the assessment report it says.
prognosis advise that work is unlikely in the long term.
Evidence considered was, the questionnaire, med 3, 113 gp leter and hospital corresponce and, a report from feb 2013
What is a med 3? 
The available evidence suggests improvement is unlikely in the longer term nd is consistent with a severe condition as defined. 
As oer departmental policy of no further assessment cannot apply where the outcome is cancer treatment risk.(LCWRA) Risk (pregnancy) or (LCW) Due to the degenerative nature of the clients condition, the overall evidence would not suggest any improvement in the level of functional ability in the longer term.
I dont know what all these in brackets means? 
Does this suggest that further assesments are not needed?
And although the dwp letter states no further assessments, will i still be called again in a couple of yrs? regardless of what the letter says.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    It means that you will have no further assessments for ESA because you've been placed into the severe conditions group were re-assessments are turned off.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shazier
    shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 thank you poppy im shocked.i thought where it meant because of departmental assessments cannot apply that i this couldn't apply to me. I cant believe im not going to be harassed by them again for my esa. Im waiting on my pip decision still, iv not heard anything as yet and wondering what kind of stress they are going to put me through? its still with the dwp they haven't passed it over to the medical assessment team yet. I really hoping they will make there own decision on the evidence they already have? I cant wait for all of this  to be over so that  i can concentrate on bereavement therapy, that i  so desperatly need.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    All PIP forms and evidence that's meant to be sent with the forms are sent to the health assessment providers. They are the ones that carry out the assessments, whether it's face 2 face or paper based (most people have face 2 face) they then write a report of recommendation and return the report and all the evidence back to DWP. A decision maker then makes the decision. Good luck with the PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.