E.SA. Result After Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

E.SA. Result After Tribunal

Hi friends, I have just joined this site and would like to ask some advice on the result of my tribunal. I won my tribunal, great. I have now received a letter from the d.w.p. Saying I am in the support group. No way with my stress/anxiety levels, pain and fatigue can I do this. I have mental health problems also. I was diagnosed with fibromialgia in 2017 and awaiting an inconclusive result for sjogrens disease. I have bipolar, unstable personality disorder. The list goes on and on. I was in the support group until it was stopped due to scoring zero points at my assessment. Why? My mental health was why I was awarded e.s.a. And put in the support group. My health is so much worse this last 12 months, I can hardly function. A friend of mine on the health unlocked site kindly did a statement on exceptional circumstances due to my mental health problems. E.s.a. 35 did not apply for me. How ridiculous when I have severe mood swings, anger problems . Can anyone tell me if they have had the same outcome after a tribunal. I have requested the statement of reasons why 35 did not app,y. I then if I have to will apply yo the upper tribunal. No way can I be put under such stress as it exasperates my fibromialgia flare ups and my mental health. ThankYou in advance. 

Mandy

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm not understanding your question here. You said that you've received a letter from DWP saying you're in the Support Group? Is this right or did you mean the Tribunal placed you into the WRAG? Support Group is the highest group you can be placed into. There would be no reasons to appeal to the UTT here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Reg 35 basically means entry into the Support Group, which you said that's where you are?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Fridaymunchkin
    Fridaymunchkin Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    No, the court said in my letter that reg 35 didn't apply so that meant they ignored my statement on reg 35. The funny thing is on DWP letter is that I have been put in the wrag group but my payment will be £110.00 a week. That's the support group rate, I thought. Just so confused and dreading another brown envelope saying I have to attend the job centre regularly, no way can I go job centre.mmy stress, anxiety, depression and fibro symptoms will be exacerbated. 
  • poppy123456
    £110.75 is Support Group Contribution based weekly amount. £127.15 is Support Group Income Related amount. You need to ring ESA and ask which group they have put you into.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.