ESA CONFUSION STRESSED AND NEED HELP PLEASE — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA CONFUSION STRESSED AND NEED HELP PLEASE

AgentTech
AgentTech Community member Posts: 13 Listener
hi there I have just done esa50 a few weeks back witch I have done for years last time I did not need do f2f due to info on questionnaire. I am in support group. On th 15th or August I got letter saying a change or rate I assumed this was my continued award see pic. Fast forward to today 15 September 18 been asked to do f2f for first ime with esa since they used to interview at job centre it has been years as I hav e cp stress and don’t go new places often and have days and days were can be in bed . Can anyone help I’m stressed and still haven’t recoved from pip battle ..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    If you've received a letter today with an appointment for a face 2 face assessment for ESA then this letter here is the standard letter they send about the Christmas bonus, it confuses everyone that receives it.

If you only sent your ESA50 back a few weeks ago then this letter dated 15th August wouldn't be the decision letter because it would have been too soon after returning the form. An assessment report is always written even when a paper based decision is made and this will take time, then it's returned to DWP for a decision maker to look at what's recommended before making a decision.

You will need to attend the face 2 face assessment. If a home assessment is needed then you'll need a letter from your GP stating the reasons why. Remember that their rules are, you can only cancel an appointment once. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • AgentTech
    Thanks I see normally in past the questionnaire is all I needed to do and sent detailed one in this time. Very strange . Need get help from mps welfare officer like had to for pip . Can’t do anything till Monday ?
  • poppy123456
    If they don't have enough evidence to do a paper based decision then a face 2 face assessment is needed, unfortunately.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • AgentTech
    That’s thing got letters from go I don’t mine but need be at home just like my pip. Thanks @poppy123456  
  • AgentTech
    Had my esa assesment today they made me wait hour half exstra as running  late. Once got in seen a woman doctor first thing said didn’t no why I was called in . And was going do best me stay in support group. I am sceptical ? any thoughts?
  • poppy123456
    The report that's sent to the decision maker is just a recommendation. No one can speculate anything because no one knows how your conditions affect you or the evidence you sent.

Wait till next week and ask for a copy of the assessment report, this will give you some idea what the decision will be as they mostly go with the report. Good luck.
  • AgentTech
    Yeah I know but am nervously waiting as when I did pip the OT that came to house made things up even though I had been on DLA since it started and had load of everdance etc the dm refuses it. Thanks to mp case worker got mobility back was stressful made me ? don’t want go through that again I have cp stress as some days I can’t move my family do every thing when I’m run down I’ll cant move.  @poppy123456

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.