Being a carer for my children but the job centre still want me to work, help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Being a carer for my children but the job centre still want me to work, help?

shaz5059
shaz5059 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have 2 children with a disability and me & my wife are carers for them.
The jobcentre are forcing us both to work when the kids are at school but that is the only time me & my wife get time together and also to go out and do our bits & bobs.

I just don't know what to do.
They don't want to hear what feelings or what struggles we are going through and just keep on repeating the same thing over and over again.

THEY ARE LIKE ROBOTS THAT DONT FEEL FOR NO ONE

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME WITH ANY ADVICE 

MANY THANKS 

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shaz5059 and welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. I imagine it must be extremely hard you and your wife. You may find the parents and carers board a good place to find people who are going through a similar situation. If there is anything that we can do to help then please do not hesitate to be in touch! 
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.