Is it right that a asser he was a man I am a wonman ask to show him my bed sores that are on my bum — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it right that a asser he was a man I am a wonman ask to show him my bed sores that are on my bum

Options
pound1234
pound1234 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
hi I had a home vist I dint ask for one anyway i am a lady and the asser who came out to my home was a man I explain how I am in bed all time time as I am in so much pain so I told him I have bed sores on my bum he ask to see them I sad I don’t like to show u them as I am embarrassed by them he said he needs to se them for the assement I was so upset and felt dirty afterwards after he ask to see them I just wanted him to leve my home I was embarrassed I felt dirty and still do I don’t no who I can ask if this was right or is it noramol for then to ask I am in tears writein* this xx

Is it right that a asser he was a man I am a wonman ask to show him my bed sores that are on my bum 0 votes

Help
0%
Please
0%

Comments

• blitzy123
    blitzy123 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Options
    he prob wanted to see  to prove  ur claim maybe . i know with my male doctor if  he his gonna be looking at any of my bits n bobs hes always said would u like me to get a nurse to come in and witness what hes doing or would i prefer a female doctor  tough question u should of refused and asked for a female if u was uncomftable or had someone else present 
  • markcumbria
    markcumbria Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    Options
    I don't think he had the right to ask because of him being a male but at the same time they still should have sent a female to visit you in your home if they were wanting that proof I would still try and get in touch with citizens advice to see what they say about it or you could make a complaint about it aswel to the company who done the home visit.
  • pound1234
    pound1234 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Thank you I’ve never bin thought this before I’ve never claim before so was not sure what to do if this was ok or not thank you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.