Newbie, parent carer with a disability. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Newbie, parent carer with a disability.

Rapunzel
Rapunzel Community member Posts: 9 Connected
Hi, my name is Rapunzel!
I am a parent to a 15yr old daughter who has ADHD and Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome, part of the Autistic Spectrum. At the moment I am a full time carer for her but, all that may change when she turns 16.
To add to the whirlwind, chaotic but, extremely interesting and 'keeps you on your toes' lifestyle I have due to my daughter's conditions, I have a list of medical issues myself. The main problems now are I have psoriatic arthritis and fibromyalgia. These are both in the middle of a flare up, making it difficult for me to walk or complete a lot of daily tasks. Then on the odd days I can achieve, anything close to what could be considered a normal daily routine, it takes me numerous days to recover, as I have debilitating fatigue. I am unable to stay awake for longer than 30mins before crashing out again.
I think that's the most interesting facts about my life, sunshine and light are not what most people would use to describe it but, minus the pain I suffer, I have gotten used to the disorganisation and chaos, so I'm not sure I'd want to be without it now. As I said to begin with, it all makes my life extremely interesting and keeps me on my toes.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.