Esa assessment rate — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa assessment rate

valleyboy
valleyboy Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Could someone please confirm if you claiming esa assessment rate then would the severe disability premium still be paid aswell?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, if the other criteria apply.... You have an award of PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care, no one claims carers allowance for looking after you and you live alone, or classed as living alone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • valleyboy
    Yes I'm currently in receipt of the daily living component at the enhanced rate..
  • poppy123456
    The SDP is only payable on Income Related ESA, it's not payable on Contributions based. If you live alone, or classed as living alone and no one receives carers allowance for looking after you then ring ESA tomorrow and ask to apply for SDP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • valleyboy
    edited September 2018
    @poppy123456,I'm already in receipt of the sdp but what I wanted to know,is it still paid whilst you claiming esa assessment rate hence awaiting a appeal?
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2018
    Yes but you will most likely need to re-apply.
  • valleyboy
    Also whilst claiming the assessment rate whilst awaiting a appeal at a tribunal does sick notes still need to be submitted?
  • poppy123456
    Yes they do.
  • valleyboy
    That's totally outrageous with regards to submitting sick notes during the tribunal process although I've been on esa many years,It's basically like starting of with a fresh claim..
    Claimants who's in receipt of the enhanced rate daily living pip shouldn't be assessed for esa in my opinion..
  • poppy123456
    You were found fit for work and that's reason you need the fit notes, otherwise you can't go back onto assessment rate.

PIP and ESA are different benefits, people claim PIP and work. ESA is for those with a limited capability for work.
  • poppy123456
    Also if you want the ESA backdated to when it stopped then you're fit note will also need to be backdated to that time.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.