An Arizona brace for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

An Arizona brace for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction

Marzipan
Marzipan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I was just casted for an Arizona brace for Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction that I've had for 10 months. I've tried everything and am now going into the brace. But, my first dr didn't want to put me in this type of orthotic, saying that I would never get out of it. My current dr says that after 6-8 weeks, the tendon should be repaired and I'll be without pain and will be able to resume wearing shoes with arch supports. Any thoughts on these diagnoses?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Marzipan
    Welcome to the community! If I were you, then I would give the brace a try seeing as nothing else has worked but I'm not a medical professional so can't say for definite that it will work. If you do try the brace please let us know you get on with it :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Marzipan and welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. Every person is different so what works for you may not work for someone else. I hope you have success with the treatment and please let us know how you find it :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.