Feeling i have been treated wrong — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling i have been treated wrong

Options
Torchythebatteryboy
Torchythebatteryboy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I applied for some training at work. The only 2 things that disqualified you from applying for the training was 1) You must have worked for the company for more than 1 year. 2) You could have no formal warnings on your file. I thought great i can apply. I did. Unfortunately i was not selected to receive the training and so i asked for feedback to determine what i might need to do better next time. I was told i did not qualify for the training because i had in the past sent out some e-mails some of the support staff did not like and it was not fair on them being paid only minimum wage to receive such e-mails. Ok due to my mental health issues i do sometimes get overly frustrated in e-mails i write but at no time have i ever used foul language or anything abusive. Mostly it is asking why something takes so long and why it cant be done now. It is just frustration that i don't write down very well. I have had mental health issues since 2014. At a point in 2015 i was seeing a psychiatrist as i was hearing voices etc. I have since started to try and live more with my problems rather than bother the doctors etc. I do still take medication daily as i have done for over 4 years. My condition just sometimes gets me so angry and frustrated i don't always know what i am writing is wrong in some peoples eyes. I say some people as others have said they see no wrong in my mails. This is the problem i feel after qualifying under their only 2 conditions that i was then refused on the grounds of previous e-mails. Something that was not in their conditions or maybe counted for everyone else. they probably only had to pass the 2 conditions. Not once was i told in the feedback it was due to ability just due to previous e-mails. I know exactly what was said as it was by telephone and my telephone records every call for me. I set this up so i could listen to conversations again sometimes to totally understand what has been said. I cant always remember things well. I am not sure either if i had to to or if i did tell my employers about my condition when i started work. I felt i would never get a job if i did. But not 100% sure if i did tell them. Either way i still feel they have done me wrong and not selected me for training just because i have difficulties sometimes communicating. I have worked for them for over 18 months and never taken a day off sick with my mental health. This is the way they repay me. Anyone got any advice on what to do?

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Torchythebatteryboy and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry that you were not selected and the grounds they said it was because of. Have you responded to their comments? Perhaps explaining your situation in a calm and professional manner would allow them to understand a little more. If you need help with anything at all then please do not hesitate to be in touch!
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.