Can you get PIP and housing benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you get PIP and housing benefits?

Options
nykkie1
nykkie1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening all
im getting pip and have just moved over to universal credit
i was told my housing benefit will continue to be paid
yet I receive a letter stating it has been ended.
am I able to claim housing benefit as I get pip?
im really confused as one person is telling me one thing and another total different 
please can someone help me understand what's going on!
many thanks in advance
nykkie

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @nykkie1   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. I do not know the answer to your question. There will be some one from our community or team be able to advise.

Have you spoken to CAB for guidance and advice. Benefits are complex and confusing. They may be able to advise on your situation.

Something to consider.

We are a supportive community. Care and share and friendly.

Hope that helps.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,063 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

PIP isn't means tested and will depend on circumstances. As you were previously receiving housing benefit and move to Universal credit then your housing benefit is paid as part of UC in what's called a housing element. To claim this with your UC then DWP will need your tenancy agreement.

What were you claiming before UC and what was your reasons for claiming it? Possibly a house move to a new local council maybe?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.