How long for a response to MR? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a response to MR?

queenielisa
queenielisa Community member Posts: 9 Connected
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Pip is such a pain ,I suffer with depression and anxiety also have rheumatoid arthritis, fight with myself constantly and my kids because they don't understand why I can't go out it's hard,so I put in for pip ,I was told by dwp that I should be entitled, so I've now had 2 assessment and got zero points ,6 weeks ago I did a mandatory reconsideration and have heard nothing back yet

Comments

• queenielisa
    The assessors that come out don't even look at you ,they just sit there asking questions with a laptop in front of them ,only look at you when they want you to Do some kind of excersise, also what they ask you doesn't get put down majority of the time ,so frustrating,.
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Hi @queenielisa it’s been the same for me I am now waiting for a tribunal date there is lots of helpful people on here and good videos and advice about the appeal process xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @queenielisa
    Welcome to the community! Unfortunately I am unsure how long it takes to get a reply but please keep us updated and we will help you as much as we can :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • queenielisa
    Thankyou ami2301 I will keep you informed ,thought I would have heard some think by now ,going to ring Monday I think
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    It can be anything from 2-8 weeks sometimes longer for a MR decision, it all depends on backlog in your area. Only 17% of MR decisions change.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lorry
    Lorry Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    I waited about 3 weeks for the MR decision (came back the same), I appealed to go to tribunal and it took a year from face  to face to tribunal date ...(which I won, and was awarded 10 years)..
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

queenielisa
    queenielisa,

I'd leave it another couple of weeks, then maybe contact DWP. But it does take ages sometimes. And as Poppy says, the decision is unlikely to change. So please don't be put off if it doesn't, and do appeal -  the latest statistics show that 71% of people appealing are successful.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @queenielisa and I wish you the very best of luck with your MR. Please do let me know if there is anything else that we can do to help :)
    Scope

• queenielisa
    I've not heard any Think has yet I'm going to take your advice and leave it another couple of weeks thankyou everyone
  • sarah50
    sarah50 Community member Posts: 119 Pioneering
  • queenielisa
    Hi had my letters back this morning zero points yet again ,it's really frustrating ,not much more I can do ,feel like giving up
  • poppy123456
    Only 17% of MR decisions change so most people have to take it to Tribunal, which is your next step. 71% of those who appear at their hearing have a decision in their favour. You have 28 days to request this by filling out the SSCS1 form.

Do you have any help with this process? If you don't then i'd advise getting some help from either your local welfare rights or other disability advice centre near you. See the link for details of how to request the Tribunal.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • queenielisa
    Trouble is I can't travel ,I have severe panic attacks when I'm going somewhere I don't know ,also have to keep going toilet  they say I'm fine  I wish they could see me when I have to go out
  • poppy123456
    You can request a paper based decision for the Tribunal but i wouldn't advise you to do that. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour because the Tribunal will want you to tell them in your own words exactly how your conditions affect you. 71% of those who appear in person have a decision in their favour compared to something ridiculous like between 5-8% for paper based decisions.
  • queenielisa
    Thankyou poppy123456,my symptoms of actually gotten worse since the lady actually came out to me ,I have a gangloin on my knuckle that's very painful,goes big then swelling goes down a bit,also I have physio every 2 weeks cause I have really bad lower back pain it's similar to a slipped disc,so stops me from doing much ,should I let deep know about these changes, I'm very confused thankyou in advance
  • queenielisa
    Dwp sorry not deep lol
  • poppy123456
    There's nothing to report because there's no PIP award. You should continue with this claim and request the Tribunal. Starting another claim from the beginning so soon after being refused could see another refusal.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.