If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Call for Participants: Focus Groups on Accessibility Plans

Hello all,

My name is Armineh Soorenian and I am a researcher working for the Alliance for Inclusive Education (ALLFIE). 

By law, schools should make Accessibility Plans to enable Disabled children and young people to access school facilities and make the most of their education. However, there have been no studies to find out if Accessibility Plans help Disabled pupils to feel included and part of their school communities.

In October 2018, we will be holding focus groups in Leeds, covering the North East of England for:

Parents – Monday 8th October, 11:00-13:00
Disabled children & young people – Wednesday 10th October, 16:00-18:00
Educators and professionals – Friday 12th October, 16:00-18:00

The focus groups will be held at  Community Hub meeting room, John Lewis, Victoria Gate, Harewood St, Leeds LS2 7AR

We will use these discussion groups to find out about any gaps between what the law says and people’s real-life experiences in schools. 

Further groups will be held in other regions throughout England in autumn.

Even if you don’t feel well-informed about Accessibility Plans, why not get involved and share your experiences with us?  Help us help you to get Accessibility Plans which really work. If you would like more information about the project, please contact me at [email protected] and visit our website at https://www.allfie.org.uk/news/blog/is-your-school-inclusive/

Thank you.

Dr Armineh Soorenian
Sign in or join us to comment.