DWP LOST MY PIP FORM!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP LOST MY PIP FORM!!!!

sahara01
sahara01 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
I sent my PIP form off on July 21st enclosing very important documents. supporting letters etc
As I have over 27 chronic medical conditions. continuous hospital apps (I'm under 4 hospitals) and awaiting further operations I sadly didn't photocopy EVERYTHING only a few documents as had just come out of hospital and felt too drained as I normally do
I thought it wouldn't be a problem as I send EVERYTHING recorded delivery
I had called them to inform them I had been in hospital and asked how my application  
was progressing  Couldn't believe it when the advisor told me they hadn't received it
I sent it all of on 21st July by recorded delivery and it was SIGNED FOR ON THE 25TH 
Then spoke to someone else and gave my track n trace no waste of time than was!!! Received a call today telling me they had lost it and they'd be sending me another form advisor also said WE GET RID OF STUFF AFTER 4 WEEKS!! !  WHAT???   
YES I lost it completely on the phone as I know how  hard it was for me to fill the form out in the first place and gather so much medical evidence!!! Now I have to do it all over again.. Put n a complaint at the time they'd said they'd lost it and still waiting to hear regarding my complaint.. How can they LOSE a letter that was sent RECORDED DELIVERY!!! 
As it is I have enough stress already having to be continuously on the phone sorting out hospital apps further ops etc!! 
This is totally unacceptable the fact they can simply LOSE forms in this way!!! 
I have MY MPs caseworker calling me Monday but I guess I will still have to do it all over again 
I said to the advisor who called me today that this could keep happening 
It's outrageous!! And soooo stressful!! 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I'm truly sorry to hear this @sahara01- I can completely understand your frustrations and I'm sure others will too!

Really glad to hear you've been so proactive in putting in a complaint and getting your MP involved- please do keep us updated and let us know how you get on.
  • sahara01
    sahara01 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Thx 
    They have the audacity to send one of those text messages about sending out a form within 7-10 days
    "if you don't your dla will stop" grrr
    Have reported them to ICO 
    Still waiting on their response letter re my complaint which they said on August 6 would take up to 15 days 
    Will see what my MP says on Monday ? 
  • JillyJ
    JillyJ Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited October 2019
    My MP who is the Shaddow NHS Secretary is totally unhelpfull. He told me to write to them. On anoher forum I see MPs actually make representations. Mine said he did not have anytime to meet me and he was too busy. [Comment edited by moderator].
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JillyJ, I am sorry to hear your MP has not been helpful. Is this in relation to your PIP claim? I was wondering if there was anything we can do to help?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.