Blue badge renewal query. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge renewal query.

exdvr
exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
edited September 2018 in Transport and travel
Hi.....my blue badge is due for renewal in mid November and I'm expected to produce an annual certificate of entitlement to PIP but I don't have one!   I only have the original award stating that my entitlement lasts until the year 2026.   Will this be acceptable do you think?  TIA.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Should be ok, a friend tried three time to get a blue badge having had the acessments she was refused then out of the blue she informed me she now has a blue badge, a friend who is a health professional wrote on her fourth application form and a badge was granted with out an acessment.  Mind boggles. Good luck.
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi @exdvr

What they are requesting, is the annual award letter you get in March/April.

Give them a ring if you can't find yours and ask if your original award will suffice.

I find my council staff very helpful, with blue badge application process.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it will be OK to produce your award letter.
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Thanks for the replies but the council insist on a recent [within 12 months] certificate.  Not a major problem and it was easy to get a positive response from DWP [who agree that they had only ever sent the original award] so it is on its way.  Irritating to have to wait for ages in a queue to speak to someone on the phone, who was very pleasant and efficient by the way, but why on earth can they not be contacted by email especially when it's for a simple request?  In the 21st century why do so many organisations still live in the past? 

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    It's crazy that the council insist on a cert dated within the last 12 months when your award letter states that you are entitled to PIP for 10 years.  I suppose they worry that people might have lost their PIP since award letter.

I suppose I could have this hassle with my council when my blue badge is due for renewal.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.