CP - gone from high DLA to standard PIP - help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CP - gone from high DLA to standard PIP - help?

sheryl1120
sheryl1120 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi i was born with cerebral palsy, i have been on DLA for years. high mobility and middle care, but was transfered to pip witch only reward me  standard on both. can you help 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sheryl1120
    Welcomw to the community! Have you considered appealing the decision?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    @sheryl1120 hello there how can that happen? Did you get reasons y? 
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • sheryl1120
    It just said if you get 8 and 11 you will be awarded the standard rate
  • sheryl1120
    They have given me standard on pip, which means i shall be loosening my mobility car next month. It's my lifeline with the outside world.I am so down,if it was not for my children and grandchildren. I would not be speaking to you now.
  • jane1973
    @sheryl1120 i understand what u mean, my 2 daughters and my grandaughter are my life, have you asked for an MR?
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • sheryl1120
    have anybody got any idea about an appeal and how would you go about it. I have got only four weeks. 
  • jane1973
    @sheryl1120 there are videos on here to direct you first you have to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and alao ask for a copy of your health asessment report so ypu can see what was written about you, it should tell you at the end of your award letter how to get started but request the health report soon as mine took a while to come and that took most of my time up, i found it was alot of work my MR made no difference so i am going to appeal to a tribunal but you have to ask for an MR and wait for the outcome before you can appeal i also rang the scope helpline and they gave me great support as to what to do, hopefully a more experienced member of this forum will be along shortly to direct you as im always worried ive missed something lol
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    The link to the videos and information that @jane1973 has suggested is here :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • jane1973
    Thanx @Ami2301 i knew someone who knows what they are talkin about would be along very soon, everyone is so helpfull here, nice to meet you, xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    sheryl1120,

Ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Don't worry too much about this, as it doesn't usually change the decision - but it has to be done before you can appeal. Be clear about what points you should have got (you need to get 12 points in the mobility activity to get the enhanced rate, and it sounds as if you were very close if you got 11).

You can look at the self-test here. Use it to explain in the MR request what points you should have got, and why. But there's no need to write lots here, because the main thing is to get the MR process done sooner rather than later.

Ask for the assessor's report too, but at this stage it's not worth going through everything that is wrong with it (there may be a lot!) Do however point out any major disagreements (eg if you think you should have scored points on an activity and they've put no points, say WHY you should get points). You may end up repeating this info in your appeal - so the work won't be wasted. On the other hand if you are struggling with all this the main thing is to get the MR request in quickly.

About your car, you can use the transitional scheme from Motability to keep it for a bit longer, and I recommend that you think about this. More information here too.

I'd also wonder about contacting your MP (or getting a member of the family to do this for you). We need MPs to know that disabled people are STILL losing out because of PIP decisions and in this case, you could end up really isolated as a result of this decision. It needs to be challenged. There's lots of support here. You could also see if your local Citizens Advice or a disability information centre can help, especially if you need to take it to appeal stage.

I really hope you get this changed.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• sheryl1120
    Hi there just to say thank you all for your help. I applied for pip an after the medical. I was awarded standard. Appeal and was awarded enhanced on 17/10/2018.  Ance again thank you all very much.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.