F2F issues - what now? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

F2F issues - what now?

gigi5
gigi5 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited September 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,  my daughter who has lots of problems she had high mobility and middle care DLA,  she had her F2F 2 weeks ago and  the lady who came was so nice and she said that my daughter should not go through this as she (my daughter) was stress and that I should get a letter from her doctor so they can exempt her from the F2F but today I received the F2F report for her and  I was shocked he gave her 4 point for mobility and 10 point for care and lots of this she wrote was wrong like she can deal with money and budget or that she can plan a and follow the route unaided which is wrong 
do not know what to do and what is going to happen 
please help

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gigi5 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Very sorry what has happened.  Please do not worry you have come to the right place for support and help.

To reassure you this is happening to members of our community. Sorry to tell you that.

You need to appeal and put into the process of going ahead with this.

Understand all about the anxiety. You will please need to complete a mandatory reconsideration.   I would suggest have a look at our benefit information.

Talk about PIP explains a lot of the procedures. Plus also speak to CAB  for support and any advice.  They have a lot of knowledge and expertise.

We are here as a community to help and advise. Please ask if we can . Add to that we are a friendly community .

Care and share.

Hope that helps. Right now this assessment has caused a lot of anger and upset. All I can add you are not alone.

Please take care.

Pleasure to meet you.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gigi5
    Welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened, if you would like to appeal then please read the information on appealing a decision and the steps you need to take. Please keep us updated and we will continue to help you and your daughter anyway we can! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • gigi5
    Thank you so much for the support, but I am so worried still my daughter got learning and physical disability and to put her through this again is not fair.
    The assessor even said to me that my daughter should be exempt from F2F and she should be granted the benefit for more that 3 years but still wrote a very bad report about her 
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    @gigi5 welcome and try not to worry, take it step by step like @Ami2301 said have a look at appealing a decision and theres lots of people on here if u need to ask more questions, it does get easier as you get to understand what you need to do, i have had help on here through my journey and im awaiting my appeal date, would have never  managed it without all the guys on here, you are in the right place, everyone will help you as much as we can , take care xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    gigi5 said:
    The assessor even said to me that my daughter should be exempt from F2F and she should be granted the benefit for more that 3 years but still wrote a very bad report about her 
    False hope is a ploy that assessors do well at.
    Let's be honest if they turned round instead and said that they don't believe a word of what you have claimed to be the case with your daughter what would you do?
    Very much the smiling assassin!! 
  • gigi5
    Hi, i went to request  a support letter from my GP he said he can't because he can't tell if my daughter can't plan a journey by her self and also he can't tell how much she can walk before getting tired, I don't know what to do so I contacted the social service and ask if they can do a need assessment  for her they said that they will but don't know when and the PIP need the letters of support in 2 weeks.
    I hope that they will if they do is this enough ???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

A lot of GPs will refuse to write a supporting letter because they either don't have the time or they don't know enough about the patient to write a letter about how their conditions affect them. You can ask her GP if they have anything in her medical records that you can use. requesting a needs or a carers assessment will take time and most likely much longer than 2 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gigi5
    but the records doesn't help with the plan the route which is my mean concern and also doesn't  tell how much she can walk ! do you think my statement should be enough ? can I get a friend who knows her write a statement too will it help? especially  that this friend is is an OT but not dealing with her .
    or shall I get a private OT and Physiotherapy report ? will the PIP accept this ?
  • Yadnad
    Hi,

A lot of GPs will refuse to write a supporting letter because they either don't have the time or they don't know enough about the patient to write a letter about how their conditions affect them. You can ask her GP if they have anything in her medical records that you can use. requesting a needs or a carers assessment will take time and most likely much longer than 2 weeks.
    ,,,,more like many months as I found out this year - I am now at month 4 and still waiting!!
  • poppy123456
    Yes, you can send letters of support from those that know her well, they'll either be used or not. Only 17% of MR decisions change so it's possible you'll have to take it to Tribunal anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • gigi5
    Yes, you can send letters of support from those that know her well, they'll either be used or not. Only 17% of MR decisions change so it's possible you'll have to take it to Tribunal anyway.
    We are not in the MR stage yet, I called PIP after I received the report and I called them and they will give me 2 weeks to write a statement and to supply any evidence so I am seeing someone from CAB and they will help me to write a statement do you think its possible ??
  • poppy123456
    The extra evidence may or may not help, no one can really tell you that sorry. Good luck though.
  • gigi5
    A fine example of where your own anecdotal evidence will be critical. Medical evidence is by and large meaningless for PIP and always has been bar LD and MH cases. Assessments cannot yet be turned off for PIP so the HCP was probably confusing this with the ESA process whereby they can.
    I am sorry but I don't understand! ( I am not English ) do you mean to tell me that a statement from me and a friend is good ? 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    You could write a diary and use that as evidence. My son wrote me a letter of evidence. My g p wouldn’t write me one unless it went to appeal as he said the other doctors had all agreed it was the way they would do it. Also he sat with me during an appointment and asked me about the descriptors and how they affected me while he took notes prior to doing the letter. So some do some don’t. Like people tell you, it’s more about how you can describe your circumstances.
  • poppy123456
    Yadnad said:

,,,,more like many months as I found out this year - I am now at month 4 and still waiting!!
    waiting for what?
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad said:

waiting for what?
    You stated requesting a needs or a carers assessment will take time and most likely much longer than 2 weeks. and I replied that it would be more like months - I am still waiting for one that was requested 4 months ago.
  • poppy123456
    Yes, it can take many months depending on the waiting lists in your area.
  • gigi5
    Hello again, I called the PIP to ask about the decision and my daughter got care but no mobility ( after being high mobility DLA), I asked them about the doctor letter that I sent they reply that the GP wrote this information after asking you what to write ! I am very disappointed and angry, we will go for MR and I know that it will be the same decision and then will go for tribunal  but my daughter is spacial needs and I am the one who talks for her so do you think they will let me talk for her at the tribunal ? and can we have someone from CAB with us too ?  
  • Yadnad
    gigi5 said:
     I asked them about the doctor letter that I sent they reply that the GP wrote this information after asking you what to write.
    Is that true - did you suggest to the GP what they should put in the letter?
    Most people accept that a letter from a GP could really only describe your condition and treatment. GP's tend not to know what happens outside of the surgery - hence they may believe that you prompted him.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.