Not been contacted — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not been contacted

Shlbly
Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
My friend is on PIP after going to appeal last year, she is now worried as that date on the letter is 6th October for renewal, they haven’t wrote to her, can they just stop her money? TIA

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shlbly
    Well they have stopped her money now, even though it was their fault for not contacting her, her husband if off sick with heart problems, and even though she went to appeal, twice now, she has got to go through it all again!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    The reason it's stopped is because the award had an end date not a review date. It can't continue because there's no longer a PIP award for it to continue. Did she know the end date, or didn't she realise? If she knew then i don't understand why she didn't ring DWP to ask for those forms.

You say her husband is off sick, what other benefits do they claim? Does she work?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shlbly
    The reason it's stopped is because the award had an end date not a review date. It can't continue because there's no longer a PIP award for it to continue. Did she know the end date, or didn't she realise? If she knew then i don't understand why she didn't ring DWP to ask for those forms.

You say her husband is off sick, what other benefits do they claim? Does she work?
    She didn’t realise, it was only when I asked her about it, then asked on here.
    He has just gone back to work Monday after five months off, no she doesn’t work, and no other benefits claimed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.