PIP appeal success for a mental health condition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal success for a mental health condition

ruthmadb
ruthmadb Community member Posts: 8 Connected
I acted as the appointee for my son. Having been turned down for PIP, turned down at the Mandatory Reconsideration, today we SUCCEEDED at the tribunal. We had hoped for standard living rate but received higher rate for living and standard rate for mobility. Unbelievable. We are over the moon. My local CAB was very helpful indeed and I did write a VERY in-depth supporting statement.  I am happy to pass on my suggestions.
As our appeal was around mental health we were not optimistic. 
Hey!!!!

Comments

• Awaywithfairies
    Awaywithfairies Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Congratulations and well done for persevering.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done and also well done in finding a service that could help you.
  • debs1604
    debs1604 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Well done and hopefully now you can relax a bit
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    I'm so pleased for you. I'm waiting for an appointment for the tribunal to come through. I don't think it will be this year.  I've had to put my moving into a smaller place until the tribunal is over. So hoping it's not to long of a wait. 

• ruthmadb
    ruthmadb Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Yes, hope your wait is not too long. We had to wait nearly 6 months but it was well worth it in the end. And during the wait I really refined my supporting evidence. The CAB were very helpful, as well as Scope. On the advice of CAB, I didn’t send my final evidence until 2 weeks before the tribunal. 
    For anyone wondering if an appeal is worthwhile, we received 2 points on our initial claim, then 7 points on the Mandatory Reconsideration, then at the Tribunal 18 points for DL and 10 for Mobility! Incredible. 
    Good luck

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.