If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Did I cause and worsen my scoliosis? So is it my fault?

hazard6hazard6 Posts: 9Member Listener

Hello, I want to know what caused my scoliosis. At 19 years I had underweight of 55 kg for one year and at late 19 years we found a 20° S curve scoliosis. I can also remember sitting unevenly with my legs on the table and leaning to the side in front of the computer.

Did that cause and worsen my scoliosis? Could it have been entirely prevented if I had kept normal weight and good sitting positions? Is it my fault? Maybe I only had 5° and due to my actions and my underweight it worsened to 20°? I feel guilty about it. What are your opinions? My doctors said they do not know the cause and if I worsened it since it's an idiopathic scoliosis. Thanks for the answers.

Did I cause and worsen my scoliosis? So is it my fault? 4 votes

Yes, scoliosis is your fault and you did worsen it.
0%
No, scoliosis is not your fault and you did NOT worsen it. Not even any little bit.
100%
Waylaydeltablue52hazard6karen1958 4 votes

Replies

• Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 5,858Member Brian Blessed
    Hi @hazard6, and a warm welcome to the community! 

Here on the forum we're not medical advisors and so we and other community members would not be able to make a judgement like this. However, do get involved with our recent discussions- we have lots of fellow members with scoliosis who I'm sure will be up for a chat with you!
  • hazard6hazard6 Posts: 9Member Listener
    No, scoliosis is not your fault and you did NOT worsen it. Not even any little bit.
    I just want to hear your opinions. Did I worsen my scoliosis? So is it my fault?
    I want to know if scoliosis is my fault, if I worsened it because when I do strength workout I keep thinking about my spine and how I think it's my fault and how I could have prevented it...

And it makes me very angry and I lose motivation. I can't give 100% do you understand?! I want to know what caused my scoliosis finally!! Was it myself who worsened it to 20°?
    I don't want any stupid pity, I can give it self pity and that's enough. I just want to know at best that it's not my fault because I cannot forgive myselfnfor having had underweight and then getting scoliosis because of it or because of some stupid sitting positions. I hate myself for getting scoliosis and I want this to end!

So is it my fault? Did I worsen my scoliosis or cause it? Thanks for answers.
  • deltablue52deltablue52 Posts: 13Member Listener
    Hazard 6.
    Ive had scoliosis since I was 15 now im 66.
    Like you I was underweight, and like you I did sit in some strange positions.
    Its so easy for people to give you the wrong advice.
    Its not your fault, and you did not worsen it.

Dont give up.!!:)
  • WaylayWaylay Posts: 685Member Chatterbox
    Definitely not your fault!!
Sign in or join us to comment.