Bereavement- does it get easier? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bereavement- does it get easier?

jaxs70
jaxs70 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2018 in Mental health and wellbeing
Lost my partner in july to a heart attack am struggling to cope with my grief. Does it get easier.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jaxs70, and a warm welcome to the community. I'm truly sorry for your loss, and so sorry to hear about the impact it's had on you too.

Hopefully some of our community members will be able to offer some support and encouragement, and Cruse Bereavement Care also have a wonderful telephone support line if you feel you'd like to speak to somebody. Please do keep us updated and let us know how you're doing.
    The helpline is open Monday-Friday 9.30-5pm (excluding bank holidays), with extended hours on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, when we’re open until 8pm. 
    The number is 0808 808 1677​
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    @jax70 lost my dad in May anc it feels like yesterday but is starting to hurt a bit less at times then it hits me like a wave again.  Lost my mum 9 years ago and it gradually hurts less and less but miss her terribly. Both sudden deaths which is hard. Just take one day at a time. Write them letters of talk to them as if they are still here. Who knows what happens when we die anyway? Today I missed my dad a lot as I had a job interview and he always drove me to them. Plus wound me up on the way to help my nerves. Made me sad to think about him not being there. You may want to consider bereavement counselling which can help you come to terms with it. Good luck 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 24 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.