Bleed on the brain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bleed on the brain

Whyme
Whyme Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I had a bleed on the brain , about 7 weeks ago, it happened out of the blue, I'm scared it will happen again, I cry, I have constant headaches, family say I'm not the same, when I'm tired my speech is all over the place, will it get better, is this normal to feel this way

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Whyme welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you have had a traumatic time lately, something like this would cause a substantial amount of upset for you and feeling scared, it's normal to feel this way. Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling?

If there is anything else that we can do for you then please let us know :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tarbatness
    Tarbatness Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Hi @Whyme, I`m carer to a friend who suffered from an aneurysm in the brain, in 2011.speech and memory were both affected, however, although there has been quite a good improvement with speech, when tired it is quite noticeably poor. Unfortunately, the short term memory is still badly affected. It might be an idea to contact your GP and get a referral for Speech Therapists, they can usually come to you, though as funding has been cut, this may well not be the case, now. My friend gets regular MRI scans to check for leaks (bleeds) around the coiled blood vessel.
  • Whyme
    Whyme Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for replies, I have seen my doctor once, and it was just to check blood pressure, and more tablets, I feel like it happened , left hospital an that's it , wasn't sure if it was normal too feel so low , tearful, nightmares, panic attacks, everyone says to me I'm not the same , and I want the old me back
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    All that you are feeling is completely normal at this stage. I've been in hospital since March, been in Critical Care for a month, I suffer badly with nightmares and flashbacks and I am petrified that it will all happen again. I see a psychologist and she has helped me so much. I do think you should speak to your doctor, maybe ask if you could be referred to a counsellor even just for a short while. You will be OK in time, I promise :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.