Help starting and advertising online business — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help starting and advertising online business

Thea
Thea Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hiya, I'm Thea!
I'm 22 and suffer from many mental illnesses and have done for the past 12 years. Due to this, I was unable to finish school and therefore have no qualifications. I am currently housebound with agoraphobia and do not leave the house at all but I would really love to work. I've always enjoyed making things and have decided to start selling keyrings I've made online. I was wondering how to advertise and get customers. I don't think I'm allowed to share a link to my shop here. I don't have any social media as I don't know anyone or have any friends or family apart from my mum and sister. 
Thank you!

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Thea
    That sounds exciting! Would you consider getting social media as it is a really great way to reach a new audience.  Perhaps you could also research if there are any local craft selling groups near you?

Etsy is a website where artists and creators can advertise and sell their products so that could be a way forward,

It may also be worth contacting your local council as sometimes they run free workshops on starting a business, marketing and more.

You could also share what you have made on our KaleidoScope post where members share their arts, crafts and photography.

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Thea
    Thank you @Sam_Scope
    I think I may get an instagram account. My shop is on Etsy :) do you know if I would be allowed to share a link on the KaleidoScope post? 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I love Etsy ??

Wishing you all the success in promoting your business!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Thea

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.