If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Phone call from DWP just before a Tribunal

G33B33G33B33 Posts: 1Member Listener
Hello just after some advice.
I applied for pip last year and got awarded some points for both mobility and daily living but not enough to qualify for any help.

I broke down at the reception before even seeing the assessor and was walking out but my mum and receptionist put me in a room to calm down.
I asked for a Home visit and was point blank refused.

I suffer from chronic agoraphobia and I'm pretty much house bound, I also have anxiety and depression.

My mum is representing me as I couldn't cope with dealing with being in front of the tribunal.

I've got evidence from since I was 17 which is a few years worth and a recent letter from my mental health nurse who confirms everything I've mentioned (chronic agoraphobia etc...)

Today my mum recieved a phone call saying that if I excepted lower rate daily living they can cancel the tribunal and get back dated.

I did a little searching and even though rare, this is known to happen with DWP.

No with how I am, this has caused me serious distress.
It's like having a carrot dangled in my face and gambling my chances.
As a family we are struggling as my wife works 30 hours and that's pretty much the only income coming in.
So I've not had a penny since last year.

So I'm wondering if anybody has been in this situation and how did they do at the tribunal?
Thanks for reading.

Replies

• YadnadYadnad Posts: 1,685Member Chatterbox
    Yes, you can accept the offer and promise everything and anything that the DWP want from you for you to accept the offer.

Once the decision notice has been received and money starts flowing, give it a week or so and forget your promise. Tell the Tribunal Service that you want to appeal against that decision (no need for a MR - you have already done that). 

The DWP will not be happy - tough - get ready for the hearing. If at the hearing you are told that if you carry on with the appeal you could lose what you are getting - then just pull out. If not go for the hearing - your award will be at least what you have + it could well be a lot more.

Win win!!

• missmmissm Posts: 38Member Whisperer
    had you had a date for your tribunal before they rang you ? 
  • Pippa_ScopePippa_Scope Posts: 4,009Administrator Scope community team
    Welcome to the community, @G33B33!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear how tough this has been from you. Glad to see you've had some guidance from other member. Please do keep us updated with what you decide to do, and we'll advise where we can.
Sign in or join us to comment.