PIP Payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Payment

Options
Painter55
Painter55 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hubby put in for mandatory reconsideration back in early September re PIP result, felt he should have done better with mobility.  MR due in by 23/9/2018.  Result letter did state he would get his first PIP Payment on 9/10/2018, just checked online - no payment.  Do they withold payment if MR going through?  

Comments

• Peasmold_01
    Peasmold_01 Community member Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Options
    I sorry, but not sure what you trying to ask. Have you received the results of MR? If the letter states that you should receive first payment by 9th October, and it has not be credited to your bank account, then I suggest to call the DWP office dealing with your PIP claim.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Payments continue while waiting for the MR if you have an award. If you're sure payment should have been received yesterday then your husband needs to ring PIP to ask why payment wasn't made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Painter55
    Options
    Morning All.  Thank you for your replies, hubby got dates wrong.  His first PIP payment has gone through.  Through the letterbox this morning brown envelope from DWP.  Cautiously opened - mandatory consideration reply and his original decision has changed.  Gone from Standard mobility to Enhanced, care has stayed the same at Standard.  Absolutely dedelighted, happy with result.  So decisions can be changed at MR, though to be honest we did send off more up to date info from GP with MR.  Thank you all for taking the care to read my post and replies.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news! Glad to hear he was in one of those 17% that do have decisions changed for the better at MR stage.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Painter55
    Options
    I know,  amazing.  Just pointed out how he felt he should have been awarded points.  No mention of calling assessor a liar.  Just pointed our certain things e.g 'client was not excessively breathless', well No, he had just been sat for 30 mins and only walked 3 yards into assessment room.  'Client was standard build' - No, he is very thin due to not eating much, even eating is a chore with his breathing probs.  GP confirmed this. But did mention the musculoskeletal examination - well lack of examination.  A huge paragraph with degrees of movements of his joints, nurse sat behind desk at all time adkinf h8m to touch top of his shoukders, also the fact he stood with straight spine, again No, he has like a dowerger's hump, osteoporosis.  Still very pleased with MR outcome.  Anyone going through it, if unhappy with outcome please dont give up.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.