PAPRIKA PORK WITH SPICY CHICKPEAS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PAPRIKA PORK WITH SPICY CHICKPEAS

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello every body do this recipe every Tuesday very tasty simple and not a lot to do.

All in one pan.  Uses Pork Shoulder Steak my favourite cut of Pork and needs to be left long and slow easy to do but needs no fuss and is adaptable.

You will need one large sauté pan to hold Pork

Serving spoons, blender or food processor.  Knife for cutting Onions.

INGREDIENTS

Pork shoulder steaks two per person.
Onions use two for me slicer in Food processor easy to do.
Tin Chickpeas drained.
Spices 
1 teaspoon Paprika, 
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
From a jar Chillies about half teaspoon or adjust I like a bit of chilli.
Passata, carton or half a jar plus Tomato Puree / Tomato Ketchup just 1teaspoon of each.
Touch of water if sauce too thick.
Pepper to taste.  I add no Salt Tomato Ketchup has salt if you want to add please do.

I always add Pepper not Salt.  Also add Lemon Juice if too hot.  I buy Lemon Juice in a bottle, lot easier.

Worcester dash of option

METHOD

Add Pork steaks olive oil just seal and brown on a medium heat. In a sauté pan enough for the amount you wish to use.  Remove to a plate.

Food processor slicer onions .  Add to pan and let them colour add back Pork Steaks. On a medium to low setting.  Option here if to wish to add Worcester it does help another seasoning.

In food processor add blade for sauce or use blender.  Passata, spices and Tomato puree and Tomato Ketchup . Touch of water to make sauce less thick.

Add to pan with drained Chickpeas cover on a simmer for about an hour.  If sauce too thick thin out with water or use boiling kettle.  Steaks should pull away be melting.  

Taste season, add Lemon juice if too spicy.

No herbs but please do add Parsley or Coriander if you wish. Always done this with spices. Works out a budget one pot meal for myself.

Bueno Appetito 

Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.