Pip paper Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip paper Assessment

Laurastanners4
Laurastanners4 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
How does it work ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    They look at the form and the evidence you send and if there's enough to do a paper assessment (no face to face assessment) they will BUT it's very rare and most people have face to face assessments. Once the report is written, it's returned to the DWP in the same way the report is return when you have a face to face assessment. If you've applied for PIP or in the process of a review, my advice is expect a face to face assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Laurastanners4
    I got this text today 
    We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 6 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you saying you didn't have a face to face assessment? If so then it doesn't mean anything other than no face to face assessment was needed. It doesn't mean you'll be awarded.

You can ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

There's no time scales to decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. It's could be anything between 2-8 weeks and sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Laurastanners4
    I sent extra medical evidence with my form I  am reapplying as I won my previous award ending in December 6 2018 
  • Laurastanners4
    I got my current award via tribunal 
  • Laurastanners4
    I'll just wait for the decision 
  • atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Hi

You can request a copy of assessment report (paper based), where you can see points you have been assigned by the assessor.

This remove the anxiety of waiting for the actual Award Letter.

Let us know if we can, further assist you.
  • Laurastanners4
    I hate phoning DWP and wait to  speak to someone 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I hate phoning DWP and wait to  speak to someone 
    So did I. The terrible music and the thought that I could be doing something more important & useful than sitting waiting for someone to speak to me.
    Years ago when I was claiming ESA on one occasion I made a cup of tea for myself, carried it into the garden, sat down and almost finished reading the newspaper before they answered - it was over 20mins waiting.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.