Prognosis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Prognosis

Options
cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
I saw orthopedist last week and just got the results. The report begins with "This is a very ill female" and goes on to say that the deterioration of bone in shoulder is getting worse and expected to continue.

Not what I wanted to hear - there will be less ability to function and more pain. 

I am somewhat in shock and quite frightened. I do not mind dying. I do mind becoming so disabled or demented that I cannot care for myself. Already, it is difficult to get dressed because of the RA in the shoulders and hands. 

Thank you all for being there.

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Been there. Its awful news. It will take time to sink in.
    Ha e you any family or friends that will hslp you?

Keeping warm is impotant.
    Have a look round the internet for stuff thats going ti help you wjth day to day things.

Lloyds chemist do a book of aids. Bug hugs
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am so sorry @cracker :( 

As @Misscleo said, it will take time to adjust. We may be thousands of miles apart but we will always be here for you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank ;you both. I found a friend who knows how to adjust the thermostat (the landlord set it very low), so I will be nice and warm. The Vermont weather is now chilly and raining most of the time. I love the outdoors. From now until May, though, I can't do out much.
    I don't want to go out in public right now anyway: the spasms bend me over double and people are very alarmed.

So god to have your responses. We inhabit lonely places.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.