PIP FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENT. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP FACE TO FACE ASSESSMENT.

annegardner
annegardner Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi evryone just wanted to report on my faceto face assessment. I got a copy of the assessors report I was shocked at what I read she had put things down that I never said and disagreed with certain points that I went into in great detail. Has anyone else had this problem. I am waiting for decision fron the DWP.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, i happens to a lot of people but also a lot of people are awarded without any problems. The main thing in that report is the point scoring and what's been recommended for that. Have you added up the points from the boxes with dots or ticks? If not then use the PIP descriptors to add them and see if an award has been recommended. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • annegardner
    Hi yes I have added the points up and I will probably get it at a reduced rate but it's the principle of her putting things down Never said and not putting things down that I said.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    It is nothing more than one persons opinion.
    If you try to argue that the contents are not true then unless you can back up what was actually said the assessor will deny anything and everything.

If the report says that you were seen to do 40 press ups - that is the line they will stand by - the assessor saw you and was utterly amazed at your strength and stamina - unless you can prove otherwise that is.

The assessor in my case 'tested' my mental health ability and gave 14 reasons why I don't have such a problem. this was despite the fact that a DWP doctor assessed me in 2011 and said that I do have and that it is a life long disability - you can't 'undo' brain damage.
  • annegardner
    I had my wife with me. But whether that is enough I don't kknow so had drs reports .
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Makes no difference - your wife may well be just agreeing with your version of events.

• annegardner
    That's what I suspected. What about Drs state.ents?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    That's what I suspected. What about Drs state.ents?
    A letter from a GP will only help your claim if it states exactly how your conditions affect you in line with the PIP descriptors, if it doesn't then it's not of much use. Most GPs will not know exactly how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • annegardner
    Hi my GP has visited me several times when I am at my worst so he knows what I am like but as you say they probably won't take any notice. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.