esa — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

esa

mattjohn_88
mattjohn_88 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I receive pip standard rate. I was getting esa wrag and it has been stopped. I was receiving sdp aswell. Will I lose my sdp now that my esa has been stopped. My pip hasn't stopped. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, you will i'm afraid. SDP is only payable on top of a means tested benefit like ESA, JSA or Income Support. PIP isn't affect by the ESA decision because they're different benefits.

Be aware that if you're area is a full Universal Credit area then you won't be able to claim JSA, it will have to be UC. If you claim Universal credit then you won't be able to go back onto ESA assessment rate while waiting for Tribunal. SDP or any other premiums aren't paid on Universal credit.

Please speak to a local disability advice centre near you for help with the Mandatory Reconsideration process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mattjohn_88
    Thanks poppy. 
    I am in a full universal credit service area. Just sent my mandatory reconsideration letter off, so waiting on the answer from that, which I'm imagining will be a no. I am going to appeal. What will my options be now poppy when I appeal? Will I still be able to be in receipt of some esa during appeal? Or will I have to go on to UC during appeal? Thanks 
  • mattjohn_88
    Also, while on the assessment rate when appealing, can i apply for sdp again then? Or will i have to wait until appeal outcome? Thank again
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Providing you haven't claiming UC since you were found fit for work once the Tribunal have accepted your appeal and you have your Tribunal reference number you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate of ESA. Fit/sick notes will be needed from your GP until the Tribunal make a decision. If you want your ESA backdated to when you were found fit for work then the fit notes will need to be backdated to the date you were found fit for work.

Yes, SDP is payable on assessment rate of ESA and will be backdated to when it stopped if you have that backdated fit note.

If you receive Enhanced daily living PIP then the Enhanced disability premium is also payable on assessment rate. Assessment rate is £73.10 per week plus the SDP £64.30 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mattjohn_88
    Thanks poppy you have been most helpful. If I have anymore questions in the future I'd definitely appreciate your input. Thanks again
  • poppy123456
    Thanks poppy you have been most helpful. If I have anymore questions in the future I'd definitely appreciate your input. Thanks again
    You're welcome! Anytime.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.