To the Scope team (about featuring my Scoliosis story) — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

To the Scope team (about featuring my Scoliosis story)

Options
Sarah1984
Sarah1984 Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
To the Scope team

I was wondering if you would feature my Scoliosis story on the front page of your website or in the features section?  I have attached a photo of myself with this email.   Below is my Scoliosis story. 

My name is Sarah and i am 34 years old.  I was born with Scoliosis, which is a curve of the spine.  Scoliosis isn't as well known as some conditions/disabilities.  I wore a corset brace for a while, when I was at school. After a while I didn't need to wear it anymore. Years a go, a doctor said it would be too dangerous for me to have surgery for my Scoliosis, so I didn't have it. I am short in stature for my age because of Scoliosis. I can walk but when I go out I use a wheelchair (one that someone pushes me in) because I get tired walking. Every 4 or 8 months, (depends if my results are good) I have lung function appointments at a hospital.  My results were good at my appointment in April.  My next appointment is in December.  I live on my own, but i have carers two days a week, for 4 hours each day. 

I have a Facebook blog page called See the person, not just the condition/disability

https://www.facebook.com/mescoliosisdisability

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.