Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Community updates

• Read over some of our recent discussions and have your say!

• Upload a new profile picture and give your profile a personal touch.

• Get the latest information on issues relating to coronavirus.

Lost my job and PIP was stopped

SystemSystem Posts: 461 Scope community team
edited October 2018 in Finances and extra costs
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Hooley101!.

Replies

• Hooley101Hooley101 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    I am having a great deal of trouble with the DWP.  It is a long and complicated story to cut to the chase they are accusing me of claiming DLA while I was working they are saying I wouldn't have been able to do my job with the disabilities I have.  The managers at my work wanted to get rid of me as I had so much time off sick so they told the DWP anonymously a tip off they said! It has been extremely stressful and as a result I am under a phychiatrist.  Apparently it will take 6 months for the disicion  maker to make a disicion! I have been forced to quit my job because of my health and last week the DWP sent me a letter withdrawing my Pip payment.  It just can't get any worse. Sorry but you did ask me to tell you a bit about me.  I am an occupational therapist by trade a job I though I would love however the health service is in dire strates so I'm glad to be out of it.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,624 Disability Gamechanger
    I am so sorry for what is happening @Hookey101 :(

In regards to DWP, I am unsure how to advise however there are many knowledgeable members in the community who will be able to help you and will be in contact with you soon.

I think Occupational Therapists deserve more recognition because I think they are amazing!
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
    Thank you that is great to hear I'm not practicing anymore as I can't travel do my job and travel again but I have the knowledge and skills which may help others at sometime
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,624 Disability Gamechanger
    That would be amazing if you can help other memes of the community, thank you :)
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
    Of course I will you are welcome ;)
Sign in or join us to comment.