If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Lost my job and PIP was stopped

SystemSystem Posts: 413 Scope community team
edited October 2018 in Finances and extra costs
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Hooley101!.

Replies

• Hooley101Hooley101 Posts: 15Member Connected
    I am having a great deal of trouble with the DWP.  It is a long and complicated story to cut to the chase they are accusing me of claiming DLA while I was working they are saying I wouldn't have been able to do my job with the disabilities I have.  The managers at my work wanted to get rid of me as I had so much time off sick so they told the DWP anonymously a tip off they said! It has been extremely stressful and as a result I am under a phychiatrist.  Apparently it will take 6 months for the disicion  maker to make a disicion! I have been forced to quit my job because of my health and last week the DWP sent me a letter withdrawing my Pip payment.  It just can't get any worse. Sorry but you did ask me to tell you a bit about me.  I am an occupational therapist by trade a job I though I would love however the health service is in dire strates so I'm glad to be out of it.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 5,771Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    I am so sorry for what is happening @Hookey101 :(

In regards to DWP, I am unsure how to advise however there are many knowledgeable members in the community who will be able to help you and will be in contact with you soon.

I think Occupational Therapists deserve more recognition because I think they are amazing!
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
    Thank you that is great to hear I'm not practicing anymore as I can't travel do my job and travel again but I have the knowledge and skills which may help others at sometime
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Posts: 5,771Community champion Disability Gamechanger
    That would be amazing if you can help other memes of the community, thank you :)
    You're a fighter. Look at everything you've overcome. Don't give up now!
    Of course I will you are welcome ;)
Sign in or join us to comment.