ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Options
sambob
sambob Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Ive recently been awarded my esa back as i went to an appeal and won it last month  And been told im in the wrag group and today got a letter saying ive got an appointment at the job centre 26th of this month i  was wondering if i will get back pay as ive asked dwp & they told me it was done after April this year & then i get told yes i will get back pay so i dont know what to believe.
Any advice would be appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    It will depend when you first started to claim ESA. If it was after April 2017 then you won't be paid any back dated money because those that claimed after this date won't be paid any extra on WRAG.

If it was before April 2017 then yes you'll be back dated the difference between assessment rate and WRAG, which is about £30ish extra per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sambob
    sambob Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Thank you poppy 123456 
    Do you know how long it takes for them to pay you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It can takes anything up to 8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    sambob said:
    as ive asked dwp & they told me it was done after April this year
    If you're claim started after April of this year then there's no extra money for being placed in the WRAG.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.