Trouble dispensing toothpaste? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trouble dispensing toothpaste?

ProdDesEngStudent
ProdDesEngStudent Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi,
I am doing a university project based around people having trouble dispensing toothpaste; for example removing the cap or squeezing the product out. Any experiences with this issue and any disabilities that cause it would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ProdDesEngStudent welcome to the community!

I have Ataxia which has caused my grip on objects to become poor. I do have trouble squeezing the toothpaste out. I cannot roll the tube to move the toothpaste towards the cap and I cannot squeeze the tube with enough pressure to move the toothpaste towards the cap.

I wish you all the best with your project! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ProdDesEngStudent
    ProdDesEngStudent Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Hi @Ami2301, thank you for your response.
    Does your Ataxia cause toothpaste to be wasted if it's difficult to squeeze the product out?
    Also, do you use and existing products to aid with squeezing the toothpaste out?(if so do they work?)
    Thank you for your help!
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes, I don't use any aids at the moment, either my partner or my mum help squeeze the toothpaste towards the cap
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.