If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Dla/esa backdated

BurnyBurny Posts: 17Member Listener
Do I have to apply for and am I entitled to anything backdated  .I was on dla in 2010 and was getting income support which turned into esa. Then my dla was turned into pip .I was on higher rate dla with  low rate car now im on enhanced rate mobility with standard  rate care. Am a single person with my disability getting worse every year . 

Replies

• Peasmold_01Peasmold_01 Posts: 141Member Chatterbox
    If your DLA was transferred to PIP without an assessment  and was effective from the date of the transfer, you are not able to claim any arrears. However  as your DLA care has been reduced from Higher rate to a lower level of PIP you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration for the care element. Be aware, though, if you do, the whole of the award, will be looked at again. Please take that into consideration before you apply for an MR. 
  • BurnyBurny Posts: 17Member Listener
    Ok thanks for the advice much appreciated 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Posts: 3,149Member Brian Blessed
    It doesn’t sound like there’s much risk to your existing award but that can’t be assessed online. Please get face to face advice as it’s very much a case of act in haste but repent at leisure.
  • BurnyBurny Posts: 17Member Listener
    Ok thanks for your advice I have taken it all on board .
Sign in or join us to comment.