New claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New claim

Lacey1
Lacey1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi could someone tell me if I can claim ESA online. This is what I was told by universal credit but I cannot find anywhere that you can do this online thanks 

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Lacey1,

I found this information on Citizens Advice's website, which you might find useful:
    Fill in the claim form (ESA1)
    You can start your ESA claim:
    • by phone - an adviser will fill in the ESA1 claim form for you during the call
    You can’t send your claim online.

Most people apply on the phone - you can get your first ESA payment more quickly if you apply this way. The phone call usually lasts between 20 and 30 minutes.
    The government website also has some useful information on applying for ESA which might be of interest to you.

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any other questions!
    Liam
  • Lacey1
    Lacey1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Liam thank you for your reply I will check this out x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Lacey1 said:
    Hi could someone tell me if I can claim ESA online. This is what I was told by universal credit but I cannot find anywhere that you can do this online thanks 
    Is this ESA Income Related or Contributions based? If it's Contributions based and your area is a full universal credit area then you need to claim New Style Contributions based. Otherwise it's just Contributions based. Same benefits different number to ring.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.