Can anyone help get my scooter back to safe road legal condition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone help get my scooter back to safe road legal condition

nannysquiggle
nannysquiggle Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2018 in Transport and travel
Hi all x I have a question I like many was on dla.And changed to pip I was on top rate ...had my mobility scooter component but I was offered my scooter for 125. For a start I went into complete panic ...thinking how the hell was I going to afford to buy it no information available even cab couldn't help me ,it was a lot of ooos and rrres and ders.anyway I eventually found out it was a voucher from dla so I bought it ...now and then 2 years ago (the week of Christmas. ) it was stolen and damaged  and dumped I cant afford to get it repaired no insurance I cant afford it this is my lifeline to my grandkids  does anyone know any charities that would help me get it back in safe road legal condition please I dont drive this is truly my transport ive been house bound for two years on Christmas eve. Thankyou please someone help im fed up of being stuck at home  
Thank you before hand...

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2018
    Hello @nannysquiggle   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry what has happened.  All I can add some one from our community will be able to advise.  As will a member of our team be able to give you advice as well.

Might be worth contacting our helpline where a member of our team will be able to assist with your enquiry.

0808 800 3333

We are a friendly supportive community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can help with anything else. You are not alone . How can we support and advise you to give you some much needed reassurance ?

Hope that helps.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nannysquiggle welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear what has happened. As @thespiceman said, there are very knowledgeable members in the community who will be more than happy to get in contact with you to offer support and advice :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • nannysquiggle
    Just like to say thankyou I will contact them 
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

Hi @nannysquiggle.  I have first-hand experience of a life insurance company which has funds set aside to provide for long-term customers who may need help such as you need. I was so lucky and delighted to have a brand new scooter of my choice [within a budget] delivered to my door in a matter of days.    I don't want to name the company online but you should maybe check out any you have dealings with.

Best wishes.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @nannysquiggle
    It’s worth checking our grants search for organisations that may fund wheelchairs. Each organisation has its own rules about:
    • what they fund
    • the size of individual grants
    • eligibility (including means testing)
    • the assessment and supply process 
    Some will let you tell them what you need and get it yourself. Others will ask you to go to a specific supplier for an assessment.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering

@nannysquiggle....not sure if I would be allowed to post this link but this is what I meant.  There may very well be others out there.

https://www.lv.com/greenheartsupport

Best wishes.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• twindad18
    twindad18 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I might be able to help what area do you live in 
  • nannysquiggle

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.