ESA forms — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA forms

gumsyhorse
gumsyhorse Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,am I right but the form I got yesterday to fill in from ESA was 40 pages,is that right,or have I got the wrong form, Thanks.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @gumsyhorse Pleased to meet you welcome.

If you are claiming for ESA the form is a ESA50.

You need help filling in the form contact Citizens Advice.

They have a question by question guide on their website.

Filling in an ESA50 Form.

They can help with support and advice. Have a wealth of knowledge and expertise.

Help and assist you filling in the form.

Please can I suggest you contact them. I use them for all my forms. Understand also how difficult this may be.

One suggestion I have is to a draft of answers on scrap paper according the booklet supplied with the form.  What you need to fill in the correct information.

Your health history and you can and cannot do. The answers be then if and when make an appointment with CAB.  Be helpful and useful to them as they will fill in the form for you.

Using the information you have supplied. They may offer suggestions and advice on the wording.

Hope that helps.

I use the CAB all the time. Either them or use support worker or health worker.

Please if we can help and advise any thing please ask.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

It depends on what it is you're doing. A claim form for ESA is not the ESA50 form, the ESA50 form is a work capability assessment form. A claim for ESA is the ESA1 form. A form to assess for Income related is the ESA3 form. Which ever form it is then they're all very long and complicated. You may want to get some help filling it out because eithe rone of them can be very complicated if you don't know what you're doing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • gumsyhorse
    gumsyhorse Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks poppy,took me off low DLA,then this form , will get help with it,thanks.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.