Finding accessible work with a chronic illness — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding accessible work with a chronic illness

Options
Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
Our brilliant community officer @Pippa_Scope is also an amazing blogger in her spare time and she wrote a post about finding accessible work with a list of some great resources and so I thought I would give it a share.

"Since I started blogging, there’s one question I’ve consistently been asked more than any other: how I got my flexible, work from home job. If you don’t already know, I split my time between employment with a well-known UK disability charity, self-employment as a blogger and freelance writer

It’s no secret that there simply aren’t enough flexible opportunities out there for chronically ill people, with many employers yet to realise they’re missing out on a huge wealth of talent, but I hope these resources go some way in helping others to kick-start their own careers."

Read the rest of the post here and let us know your top tips for finding accessible work.
Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.